International Rugby Programme
Students who are accepted into the International Rugby programme will attend academic classes during the day and will be provided with a timetable that provides intensive ELL (English Language Learning) and optional subjects of interest to the student.
Hamilton Boys' High School is arguably the top performing rugby school in New Zealand and it has reached the Top 4 NZ Secondary Schools Rugby Championship more than any other school in the history of the competition. In recent years the school’s 1st XV rugby team’s success has included:
- Winners of the Sanix World Rugby Youth Tournament (2010, 2011 and 2014)
- Winners of 4 National New Zealand Secondary Schools titles (2008, 2009, 2013 and 2015).
- Winners of 1st XV Super 8 (2013 - 2015, 2017 and 2018)
- Winners of 2nd XV Super 8 (2012 - 2015, 2017 and 2018)
- U15A National Champions (2013, 2014, 2018)
- Winner of the National Condor 7s 2006, 2008, 2015 and 2016
- Hamilton Boys’ High School is fortunate to have an enviable depth of coaching expertise
and experience that includes coaching of:
- The New Zealand Secondary Schools Team.
- Chiefs Under 18.
- Waikato Premier Club teams.
- Resource coaches for the Waikato Rugby Union.
- Resource coaches for the Universities in Japan.
- South American Secondary Schools.
This unique opportunity will allow students to develop their ability and skill in rugby and take part in our rugby programme that would provide:
- Individual fitness and conditioning training programme with access to the school’s $6.5 million fitness centre.
- Integration into a school rugby team at the student’s appropriate level.
- Training and playing with an appropriate school team and training sessions with the school’s 1st XV.
To be selected for this programme a student must be:
- An enthusiastic rugby player.
- A hard working and well behaved academic student.
- Aged between 14 and 18 (in the year of enrolment into the programme).
- Able to cover financial costs of joining the school as an International Fee Paying student, including the costs of the International Rugby Programme.
Please click here to view the HBHS Rugby Brochure (English version).
Please click here for a Chinese version of the HBHS Rugby Brochure.
Please click here for a Japanese version of the HBHS Rugby Brochure.
Please click here for a Spanish version of the HBHS Rugby Brochure.